Saturday 5 November 2011

What a Cat - astrophe!!!

Last weekend I dropped off a bunch of DT cards to Stamp Addicts, using the new releases that they will shortly be bringing out. There were eleven cards, all in all, made using 3 different stamp sets so I guess you will now know why you haven't been hearing from me lately.

Well a few of my cards have appeared on the Purple Zone blog over the last week and also the Stamp Addicts mailers so I guess it's OK to start showing them on my blog now.

With that said, here is the first one using the Cats and Dustbins set.


Within the set you get a dustbin, a separate dustbin lid, a small cat, a large cat, a tree bough and a fish bone, so it is really good value and there is plenty to get your imagination going. Also, these kind of images are great for those times when you want to make something a little on the humorous side.

So for  this sample a stamped coloured and cut out the three dustbins, plus two lids and the large cat. The cat is in fact 'whole' but you can only see his top half of him in this example. I had to cut his feel off to fit him in the bin - it felt very wrong to do that....even though he is not real!!

For the background I used distress inks to  smudge green and blue around the edges of the card stock and I used my Stamps by Judith grass stubbie for........you guessed it......the grass!!

I stamped the fish in the top right hand corner, and used a fine black pen to draw the string that it is tied too.

Then it's just a case of stacking the bins so that the cat is in the right place to look like he can reach the fish.

Quite simple really, but a great card for a cat lover - particularly if these antics remind them of their own little bundle of fluff!!

Well I hope you enjoyed this card, and thanks very much for coming to visit me today.

Sharon x

2 comments:

  1. Super card Sharon! I love the fun image and the little fish in the corner is fab!

    Thanks for playing along with us at Papertake Weekly this week and good luck! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - I love it - such an unusual image - I think I might need it!!! Jxx

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to visit me and tell me what you think. Happy crafting! Sharon