Sunday 17 June 2012

One for the boys....or rather men

Here's a card that I have made for my dad for Father's Day. It's Ok for me to post it now as I will be leaving the house to go and give it to him in a short while.

I have tried out a new technique for me on this card, which is creating the background with my distress inks and my inkilicious brushes. I saw a demo using these brushed on C&C recently and, it really inspired me to have a go with them as they had been sitting in my cupboard since I bought them at the NEC Hobbycraft. Now they are all inky as I absolutely love them!!

For this card I cut out some mound shapes on some scrap paper and used them as templates, brushing on two colours of green distress inks, plus a little swirl of blue for the sky above.

I have used another one of my Prairie Fairy images which is coloured with Pros and decoupaged for depth.

I'm going to enter this for the My Mums Craft Shop Challenge which is of course 'One For The Boys'.

Thanks for stopping by.

Sharon x

1 comment:

  1. Fab card!Love the colours, the image and the little scene you created looks great!Hope you're enjoying the weekend!
    Hugs Jo

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to visit me and tell me what you think. Happy crafting! Sharon