Tuesday 30 April 2013

Playing with Patchwork

Today I thought I would post a card that I made at the weekend using a lovely Time For Tea Digistamp from Polkadoodles, couple with a lovely pastel coloured paper from Bearly Mine Designs.

I seem to be having a bit of a thing for the decoupage at the moment, so once again, i have printed out the digi a number of times and coloured and layered her up.

This time around I picked the paper first and coloured the image to match, which makes the colour decisions so much easier as it's just a case of comparing my hand made colour chart to the paper and going with the closest matches....easy peazy!!!
I also used some of the different coloured patches to punch out my flower embellishments, which I then finished off with a generous dab of Stickles Pearl paint.

Finally, I followed the Saturday Sketch challenge for the layout of my card.

So now on to my bunch of challenges for today:

Cutie Pie - Lots of Layers
Love to Create - Punches or Dies
Penny's Challenge - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
Stampin for the Weekend - Dies and Punches
http://sketchsaturday.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/week-256-with-stamp-fairy.html
Eclectic Ellapu - Anything Goes
http://ppp-makeitmonday.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/mim-138-with-meljens-designs.html
http://sisteractcardchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/challenge-4.html
http://totallypapercrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/challenge-164-flowers-and-lace.html

Thanks for stopping by today.

Sharon x

14 comments:

  1. Such a cute card, Sharon, love the pastels and the stitching! Thanks for sharing your card with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your gorgeous card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute...thank you for sharing it with Totally Papercrafts.
    Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Sharon. Great image and colours.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon, this is a lovely card. I adore big eyed girls! The patchwork was a great idea. Thanks for joining at Eclectic Ellapu this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your coloring is gorgeous! Love the colors too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colors. Fun and whimsical. I saw your card on MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet colourful card. Love the vibrant colours! Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week, hope to see you again soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! It's so cute! I saw you on Make It Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute card! Love the image, and your layout! Thank you for joining us this week at Love to Create Challenge Blog.
    Ruza, LTC Designer

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute card! Love your coloring!

    Thank you so much for sharing with us at Make It Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fab! I just got this image the other day, if only I could tear myself away from the snooker I might make her into a card!

    Thanks for sharing at LTC this week.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  13. She is so sweet and looks like half the little girlies I know. Wonderful!Thank you for joining with us over at Love to Create Challenges.
    Amanda LTCDT

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a nice project! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Stampin for the Weekend and good luck!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to visit me and tell me what you think. Happy crafting! Sharon